Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Cold Turkey

I haven't played any computer games since Thursday afternoon. Sad that I'm charting this, no? I'll take my victories where I can get them. It's amazing how many times I've started to open a game, but then stopped myself. It is kind of like a drug, I think, although never having had any physical addictions, I'm not sure. I've tried to stop before, but then I'll say, "oh, I'll just play one, no, two games. Wait, I'll play for 20 minutes, or OK, I can play a half hour, but no more." Two hours later, G has been in bed for an hour, my eyes are so dry I can't blink, my cats are starving, and I'm saying "this is the ABSOLUTE last game tonight". Sometimes I'll burn myself out on a game, and then learn another, and so the cycle begins again. I asked myself sometime last year, "if I were looking back over my life, would I want to sit and watch myself play those games again? Are those my proudest moments?" Well, sure, when I get my personal high score... It must stop. It makes me sad when I think how much time I've wasted on that crap. I'm not geting any younger, and I can't get my time back. And so, another fresh start--5 days and counting!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You are one strong woman. I've recently had to quit playing Sims 2 -- but only because my computer broke.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You are one strong woman. I've recently had to quit playing Sims 2 -- but only because my computer broke.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You are one strong woman. I've recently had to quit playing Sims 2 -- but only because my computer broke.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You are one strong woman. I've recently had to quit playing Sims 2 -- but only because my computer broke.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. I clicked "publish your comment" once. What the hell?

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow tracy how did I get here? I was trying to find some info on Coldplay, so goodness knows why the last link I clicked on brought me here. But although there is nothing about ColdPlaygle, I'd like to say what a good job you've done with Cold Turkey, and you may like to see what we've been up to with ColdPlaygle by visting http://www.coldplaygle.com.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home