Thursday, April 21, 2005

TV

I don't watch the reality shows, although "Amazing Race" does sound interesting, and I want to get G on "Survivor"--he'd probably do very well. I used to love Star Search back in the 80s, but can't bring myself to watch more than a few minutes of "American Idol" at a time. However, from what I've seen, I'm really sorry Anwar is gone. He's a hottie, and I find him to be more "idol"ish star material than any of the others. I caught a few moments of Carrie's performance the other night, and couldn't understand why they thought it was good. She's also pretty stiff on stage.

I wish people would watch the shows I like. Sure, I like "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost" and they're doing ratings-wise, but I'm soooo sick of all the hype. I remember when the little (formerly known as Close-Up) boxes in TV Guide used to be reserved for special episodes of shows, but those shows get a box every week, not to mention article after article and interview after interview on every TV network. My favorite shows few are watching are "Scrubs" and "Arrested Development". I enjoy a comedy without a laugh track. I don't need to be told when to laugh. "Scrubs" was renewed for 2 years at the end of last season, so I guess it'll be back next year, but I don't hold out much hope for "Arrested Development". It makes me so sad that "The Apprentice" goes on, despite the repugnant Mr. T, and "American Idol" sometimes gets 3 nights (!!) a week, but clever, intelligent, original writing gets no notice from viewers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A shout-out from another blogger who loves the non-laugh-track comedies. Incidentally, my new favorite show on TV is The Office on NBC, but then I'm a big mocumentary fan as well. Fear not. THERE ARE OTHER AMERICANS WHO DON'T WATCH DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger tbirdy said...

love the mocumentaries--esp. the Christopher Guest/Eugene Levy movies, and "Spinal Tap"!!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://cdqvwdnx.com/hwdy/phwp.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://hgucetek.com/jepw/rcps.html]Cool site[/url]

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://cdqvwdnx.com/hwdy/phwp.html | http://fkmkhdbf.com/dkgc/yimi.html

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home