Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Rock and Roll!!!

I'm trying to plan a trip to Cleveland to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame over Memorial Day weekend, but am waiting to see how bad our tax bills will be. I started to plan this trip a couple of years ago when I thought I'd be asking for a raise, but that's when the bottom started to crumble away from the company where I was working. We haven't had a vacation trip for over two years, and I could really use one. The botanical garden in Cleveland has a big flower show that weekend that I believe G would really enjoy. Here's hoping the accountant does a great job keeping what we owe low, low, low!

I've seen most of my favorite groups/singers in concert, but have never seen Eric Carmen, whom I love. I was too young to appreciate his group, the Raspberries, when they were popular. I was only about 7 when they started getting popular, and at that point I was into Donny Osmond, the Partridge Family and the Monkees still, even though they had broken up a few years before. I fell in love with the song "Never Gonna Fall in Love Again" when I was 11, and became an Eric Carmen fan. He performed with the "Dirty Dancing" tour, but hasn't done any real touring that I know of, and I certainly never dreamed the Raspberries would reunite. I found out, too late, that they had, to do a couple of weekend shows in Cleveland (their hometown) over Thanksgiving weekend, or we could have gone then. By the time I found out it was sold out. Even after 30 years, they apparently have rabid fans, and they're doing some scattered shows now. They had a show in Chicago that I also missed, and will be in NYC and Denver. I have a good friend in Colorado Springs, and I'm tempted to go out and visit and see if she wants to go with me, but if I did that I'd have to offer to pay for her ticket, and she'd have to get a sitter (her husband's in Iraq). Plus, there'd be the plane ticket, rental car, etc. So unless I get a windfall, no Raspberries for me, unless they come a little closer to here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home