Monday, April 11, 2005

Lazy

I am very, very lazy. Hence, the lack of entries. If you saw my house, you'd agree about the indolence. Heck, you'd probably say I needed professional help (housekeeping, organizing, deep, mind-probing counseling) and I do. I sheepishly called our accountants the other day and asked if we could bring our info today, and the smiling receptionist said "Sure!" I'm sure they hate us now. I used to do our taxes, which inspired headaches and crying jags, mainly after G started his own business. When I had my game show winnings to include, I insisted we use an accountant, and G was so pleased with the results that we've continued using them, even though I probably could have done it with Turbotax last year. This year's forms are so scary, with my multitude of W-2s and 1099s, that I didn't want to chance it. Hopefully G has everything turned in by now.

I spent a good chunk of yesterday literally shoveling out insulation that G pumped into our attic a couple of months ago. We'd never cleaned up the excess, because I was too lazy until yesterday. I think it's kind of funny that the insulation is made of recycled newspaper--makes me feel good and green (the good kind of green). I'm sure it gives conservatives in my community a lot of pleasure to think they were using the grindings of our local newspaper to plug up holes in their houses. There's still so much to do. G's sister is hounding him to help her at her house, and he's futzing with the garden and other things that he wants done, so he's telling her he'll help her when he finishes his giant list. I told him to tell her I'm leaving him if he works on her house before our bedroom is done. I bought border paper 2 months ago and paint about 3 weeks ago, and I can't get him to finish sanding and prepping our walls for paint. Sigh.

First visit to my portal maintenance tech in two years tomorrow. I'm making a list of things to ask her about, all probably due to pre-menopause. My previous 2 cycles had been 27 days, and I was hoping this one would be the same, so everything would be all spic and span for the stirrups, but of course, this month it didn't come 'til Day 29. I suppose she's seen worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home