Thursday, March 17, 2005

Getting past it

Something very nifty happened yesterday. I stopped being jealous of people doing IVF, or anything ART-related. I 've never seethed with anger over hearing about people being successful, but felt very wistful and thought, "if I could just try again..." I think it was getting an issue of Infertility Times in the mail yesterday. I don't know why, but something about the ads just PISSED ME OFF! Nothing concrete, nothing I can spill out to you, but yesterday put the finishing touches on everything for me. One of my friends is just starting the process and feeling nervous, and I can just be happy and hopeful for her, because I'm done. This is not to say that if I won Powerball on Saturday I wouldn't try it again. I would. Probably a couple more times, if money were no object. I'm also not going to say I'm not hoping that it'll just happen, because I am, and it could. I'm letting go of it a little all the time, though, and I do feel I've turned a corner. And it's good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turning corners are good. I am now reminding myself not be jealous of my mom friends who aren't getting a divorce. They are planning their second child and I am just trying to figure the next six months.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home