Sunday, June 05, 2005

Taking a break again

I think I'm going to stop for awhile again, maybe for a few weeks, maybe longer. Reading blogs, blogging, etc. It's just difficult to feel everyone else is moving forward and we're just stuck. We're in our 40s and we just can't get on our feet. G has quit working for the employer for whom he did the majority of his work. He really never should've worked for them in the first place, they're often pretty shady. They're also our insurance agent, and they've really never done anything but take our money. I'm glad he's quit them, but I'm not sure what's next. It may be fabulous, and I can only hope so, but right now, it just feels like another in a very long series of blows. If I believed in that sort of thing, I'd say our house is cursed. It certainly seems to attract piles and piles of junk. My grandmother was sort of a pack rat, and one day, my grandfather called my mother crying because of all the stuff in the house. He wasn't the sort to do that kind of thing, and my mother and father were quite worried, and came to the house (they live 30 miles away) under the pretense that they were out shopping and just decided to stop by. My grandfather was fine by then and never had another similar episode, that we know of. I've felt the same way. G has so much stuff related to all of his hobbies that I often don't feel there's room for me here. And I hate it here. I always have. 9 years of living in a house I don't like. I try to make it better, but the improvements never last. Maybe we can find jobs elsewhere and just go. I just don't know and I feel so lost and tired.
I also feel like it's just not meant for us to have a family. I was 29 before I found someone to love, and he'd had a vasectomy. We had that taken care of, but no baby. By a couple of years later, I knew there must be more cause, so we did the IVFs, and the lap. And so, tried to move on to adoption. But every time we get close to being able to start, something else happens. My employer goes under. My car gets crashed. I know adoption can happen without lots of money, but probably not the way I want. And we wouldn't be able to give our kids the things they'd want.

I know I'll feel better in the morning. I've been scrubbing the kitchen floor, and cleaning our house always depresses me, because I see how much more there is to be done. I'll be over that in awhile. When we were on our way to Cleveland last weekend, there were rainbows in the sky for a lot of our drive, and I felt they meant something good. I still hope so.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit. Sorry you feel stuck right now. I hope your break is refreshing.

10:22 AM  
Blogger baby said...

I'm sorry you feel so bad, and I hope you get a new place soon.
And don't worry about giving kids stuff - what they'll need is love, and you have that.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope your break is treating you well, and that things are looking up

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi--I just read your blog for the very first time. It looks like you are in a tough place emotionally right now.

I may be bringing up something you already know about...but are you familiar with the idea of adopting children out of the foster care system? That's how we got our two beautiful kids. The rules may be different where we are--in New York--but not only did we not have to shell out thousands of dollars, but we will receive a monthly stipend for the children until they turn 18, plus their medical care and meds are covered under Medicaid.

If I have touched a sore spot, I am truly sorry..I would never want to make someone feel bad about this subject...it's just that I find that a lot of people are not familiar with foster care adoption. I could tell you more if you liked.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a long while, just wondering how you're doing. Hope everything is going better now.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Sorry you are feeling down. I get that way too when I clean and pay bills and all that other shit in life you have to deal with but serves as a constant reminder of the endless responsibility and chores that need to be done.

Sleeping it off helps. There's always tomorrow!! Keep your chin up!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home