Friday, October 29, 2004

We Are Mean

We are not going to previously mentioned 5-year-old's birthday party on Sunday. Why? Because we are mean. We don't want to. Na-na-na-na-na phblttt!!! And, his birthday was actually 2 days ago and he's having a kid party tomorrow. The party we are invited to is for family and special friends. Will he miss us? No, but of course, they'll tell us he did. Does he need another toy from us? Nooooo. You'd think I'd be past this nasty phase, seeing how this is day 5 (6?) of my period. I'm telling myself that after my birthday in February (when I am 40) that I will stop monitoring when I start, when I might be ovulating, etc. It's still good to have an idea when the dam's about to break loose, I suppose.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bugsy said...

Hi - I have been reading your blog and nodding - I completely understand. (hope it is okay that I post a comment) - I have been reading some books lately about infertility feelings and they all say the same thing - If you feel uncomfortable going then don't go. I have even started telling people the real reason I can't attend and surprisingly people usually understand. I hope things work out for you soon.

3:46 PM  
Blogger akeeyu said...

So, clearly this will reveal me as a big kid-hating meanie (hang on, I'll put on something less revealing), but I just don't think declining to attend a five year old's birthday is going to scar them for life.

Realistically, that kid's gonna be so hopped up on frosting and punch that they might not even notice if their own mother's hair caught fire.

So, go you. Or, in this case, DON'T go, you.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home