Friday, March 11, 2005

Guilt Raffle

In the Assisted Living center at my workplace, there's a sign posted. Walking up to it the other day, I thought it said "Guilt Raffle." It, of course, actually said "Quilt Raffle." It got me thinking, though. Is there anyone's guilt you'd buy a ticket for? I mean, I wonder if Bill Gates ever feels any guilt over having all that money. I'd be willing to assume a little of that guilt, along with some of the money, of course. I don't feel a lot of guilt generally. For a good while, I had a secret shame in that I hadn't actually graduated from college, but I let people think I had. For the record, I only lacked a couple of hours, which I finally completed, and since 2003 I have been the official possessor of a diploma that says I am a B.A. For the past couple of weeks, I have borne the guilt over an incident that I'm not even ready to blog about because it was BAD. The initial act wasn't my fault, but the follow-up or lack thereof was my fault. I'd love to raffle that one. I'd give the money to a worthwhile cause. Really, I would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home